Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sewing Day at Terry's

Wonderful times when a quilter can spend a day with other quilters, stitching, visiting, cutting, and creating. This was my day last Friday. Terry hosted 5 of us and we had a wide variety of projects going.

Poor Sharon O. wanted to applique, but with her new machine, was having trouble getting the tension set just right. After a valiant effort at figuring it out, she opted to do some hand stitching, and I did not have my camera out before she had to leave for a family obligation.

Next around the table was Sheryll who was beginning a new project. By the end of the day, she had the prettiest stack of little red and cheddar 9-patches bordered with black. And you know what? I didn't take a picture of those either! I am seriously remiss in my duties. Just take my word for it, though, they were perfect! Here is a shot of Sheryll at work on creating said perfect blocks, with the quilt she is making there beside her.


Laura was busy working on finishing up a double 9-patch quilt top of reproduction fabrics.


Across the table from Laura, Susan was creating stars from these blocks.


This will be part of a mystery quilt at an upcoming guild retreat, therefore I cannot give you any further details.


Terry, our hostess, tackled her UFO for the challenge we are doing together. This is a big, full-size quilt! And she told me twice what the name of it is, but darned if I can remember it! When we do our UFO reveal in early February, I will be sure to make note of it.


The borders don't show up in this photo, but I will be sure they do when I get another chance to showcase this quilt. They are very unique. Terry plans to quilt and bind this quilt before the UFO deadline.

I worked on my Burgoyne Surrounded blocks. I took enough cut parts to make 3 blocks. I got one done. But I had the sub-sections stitched, so getting the other 2 finished won't take long.

Fun times with these girls! We listen to oldies on the radio, share recipes, talk about old movies, the conversations just rambled on all day! And the sewing machines hummed right along with us!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel so envious! I don't have any quilty friends to do such things with. I am hopeful I will one day, so for now I blog about it. Thanks for sharing a bit of yours, the projects look so fun. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun day with friends.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!