Saturday, September 28, 2013

Go To Pennsylvania

One of my followers recently sent me a request. Her quilt guild is having a show, and wondered if I would give it a shout-out here on my blog.

I would be happy to! I do love to go to quilt shows, and even though I probably won't be making the trip to Pennsylvania for this one, perhaps a few folks out there will see this and decide to go.

New Brighton, PA, is the destination if you are interested in attending the Beaver Valley Piecemakers Quilt show. Here is a link to their show page. I have tried to locate some pictures to pull and use here, but I was unable to get any. The theme for the show this year is two-color quilts.

I can't do a post without a picture, so let me show you a pretty little quilt I saw recently on Pinterest.


I clicked on the link and discovered that it is from the blog of Lisa Bongean, a blog that I follow. She is famous for her primitive quilts. Even though I have been doing a lot lately with Kaffe Fassett, I have bought my fair share of primitive fabrics - some from her booth at various shows - and I hear my primitives calling to me.

If you click this link, you will go to the exact post in which the above quilt is shown and explained. Those 4-patch blocks are made with 1-inch squares! Yikes! Isn't it pretty, though?? I can see me making this, and yes, I would do it with 1-inch squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!