Monday, July 8, 2013

A Concert for the Ages

We are not big-time rockers from back in the day. Far from it, those who know us will agree. So for us to have taken an overnight trip to Louisville, KY, with two other couples to see the Eagles in concert is far from our normal behavior.

That is the adventure I alluded to in the previous post. Most everyone from our era - the 1970s - knows lyrics to many of their songs, and easily sings along if one comes on the radio. What a lasting band they were - years of playing together with numerous albums. We were in for a special treat. Our tickets were purchased months ago, and finally, the debut performance of this tour occurred Saturday night at the Yum! Center in Louisville.

What a fantastic time! The music was just as good as when all those hit songs came out, and the "boys" could rock just about as good as back in the 70s and 80s. It was an awesome night.

We were seated too far away from the stage to get any viable pictures, so I will use some pics retrieved from the internet.

Don Henley and Glenn Frey

Timothy B. Schmit, Bernie Leadon, Don Henley and Glenn Frey.

These two pictures are from the beginning of the concert. The guys were just sitting around like they were having a jam session, and the venue was very relaxed and laid back. They look like some old dudes, don't they? I wonder if any of them is a grandpa. Hmmm.


Joe Walsh

To read a couple of reviews, click here and here. I agree that the second half of the show was the more electric - the "rock" factor was really amped up by Joe Walsh's presence. It was a totally awesome evening. The crowd was mostly an older mix of people than most concerts (I would imagine, anyway) and we were some of the "young'ns" in our mid-50s. Of course, the Eagles have been around since the 1970s, so the fan base is aging, to be sure.

What a memorable night. If you have a chance to see them in some of the other cities they'll be touring, I highly recommend it. Like I said, concert-going is not our normal thing, but this was definitely one for the ages.

We will return to our regular quilting programming in our next post. Thank you for indulging me!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. Did you stay at the "Hotel California" overnight, or did you "Live Life in the Fast Lane" and stay "In the City"? (Sorry, I couldn't resist that.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a younger rocker from way back, to all ages of music. If the Eagles tour Australia again I'm there! I was too young last time they came but I love their music. My parents are into music so I have a healthy appreciation of lots of 60s and 70s music.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!