Friday, March 29, 2013

Diamonds Update

Talk about eating my words! This quilt is not at all the difficult and challenging project that I anticipated! I spent a month or more worrying about how hard this quilt would be, and it is turning out to be one of the most fun quilts I have ever made.


In fact, I am loving how easily it's going together. Working with all these gorgeous Kaffe Fassett fabrics is pretty fantastic, too.


I just about have enough diagonal rows made to cover the double bed in the guest room. With a finished quilt size of 108 by 93 (or thereabouts) inches, I will soon be doubling this over on itself.


Outside our bay window at our kitchen table, we have a bird feeder. We get some very pretty guests. How cool is this??

And how about those Buckeyes?? Can we win the close ones or what?!?! Elite Eight! I love March Madness when my team is winning! Go Bucks!!



Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt, you can't go wrong with Kaffe Fasset's fabrics. I have to say that I am a little jealous of all these cardinals at your feeder, I get all excited when one of them stops by mine. They are quite a treat for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is really pretty. Those colors are so eye catching and go perfect together. Your picture of the cardinals is fantastic! I see cardinals in my yard a lot all year round. First, I see the male and eventually the female. I have never seen four together, and I have never been able to take a good picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I've just found your lovely blog through Sew Many Ways Find a Friend Friday. I've thought about a quilt with diamonds before but it looked a bit tricky. I really love those gorgeous Kaffe Fassett fabrics - makes me want to go and buy lots of them!! Please visit my blog if you have a minute:
    http://prettyflowersinthewindow.blogspot.co.uk
    Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt, fabulous cardinals and awesome win! Lucky you to get such a great pic of so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! and isn't it true that worrying about something being difficult consumes more time and effort than just doing it. Is that his "Red Diamonds" quilt from Glorious Patchwork? I've looked at it and didn't feel I had enough florals, maybe I need to reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red birds are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the Kaffe quilt is looking beautiful! Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!