Friday, February 1, 2013

Tumbling Blocks Progress

When Sharon was here yesterday afternoon, she got to a point on her Tumbling Blocks that it became evident that she really is getting this quilt done!


This quilt is going to be a whopper. It is a king size quilt, and it's made fourths at a time. Sharon completed half of the quilt at 2011 Quilt Camp. Remember how she hung the strips from the bulletin board? It was like working a jigsaw puzzle.

Well, enough time had passed that digging it out again meant figuring out the "process" all over again; but just like riding a bike, it came back to her. She has been making steady progress on it when we sew together each week.



This is the culmination of just 2 or 3 days' work - spread out over 2-3 weeks, of course - but it's coming together!!

My Bernina is still in the fixit shop, so I continue to sort crap stuff in the sewing room move, and when I grow tired of that miserable work, like I did yesterday, I cut out stuff so that I will be ready to SEW-SEW-SEW when Bernina returns!

I will show you my cutting-out progress in tomorrow's post.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!