Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sewing Times Two!

I had the pleasure of sewing twice this week with friends. On Tuesday, Terry came over for some stitching and visiting. She worked on some blocks for her Farmer's Wife quilt. She has quite a few of these blocks finished - over 80, as I recall. This makes me want to get back to working on mine. I don't even have it on the to-do list for 2013. Sad.

Then on Wednesday, Sharon came for our weekly sewing. She was very excited to get the final two quarter-sections finished and attached, making a half.

This is the bottom part of the half that Sharon completed. Below is the other part. It is a l-o-n-g quilt! It is king-size, obviously. It will weigh a ton!


I have been working on the kit from Bits 'N Pieces using the Le Petite Ecole fabric from French General. It goes together very fast, and I am eager to keep working on it.

And, finally, I can show you Flynn's baby quilt. I have the binding attached and have been turning it today. I should be able to have it done sometime tomorrow. I would have finished it today, but I got so drowsy while I was working on it that I had to change activities to shake those drowsies.


DH and I went to the funeral home this evening for Alexis. What a crowd! I knew that she and her parents had touched many lives, but I was really surprised by the length of the line of well-wishers for the calling hours. Tomorrow is the funeral; it too, will be a full house. For being just 22 years old, this young woman impacted the lives of so many people. I am so blessed to have known her. And I really wish that someone would cure cancer. It has taken the life of too many people, both young and old.


Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Loving your French General quilt - those colors look great in that layout! I don't like to use the word hate... but I hate cancer.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!