Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Abundance Is Pieced

Every year, Lori at Humble Quilts blog does a doll quilt-along with her followers. I have made Cheddar and Crackers, Starry Night, and Pink Lemonade with her. All those are still just quilt tops; I think I need to make quilting them a priority.

Now to join those 3, I have Abundance. It is 12.5 inches square, and was a fun quilt to make. It uses lot - I mean LOTS - of scraps, so that is how I approached this. I tried to keep the idea of pioneer mothers "making do" for little projects like this.

If I were to remake any  part of this, I would choose a different pink that forms the flying geese units on the brown geese.It is too dark, in my opinion. All the rest of the fabrics are quite pleasing to me. But, I'm not changing it; it will stay as is.

If you'd like to see more Abundance doll quilts, check out this link to Humble Quilts. There are dozens of them shown there made by people just like me who followed along with Lori's quilt-along.

What did I sew with, you ask? Miss Bernina was sent away to be fixed, so I have a loaner machine from Old Town Fabrics, and it works quite well!


Bernina 350, gently used, was traded in for a fancier, bigger model, I'm told. She is doing wonders for me.

Well, I'm going to get some sewing done today and I will tell you all about it in my next post.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


3 comments:

  1. Your abundance quilt is lovely Jayne! I actually like the subtleness of the pink and brown next to each other. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love the grayed blues you used--and the way that small center star pops out. Very pretty. And I love the viney print in the larger star points.
    I had to giggle, though, when I enlarged the photo and saw the gold print you used. I've been rearranging my sewing room and cleaning out corners that haven't seen the light of day in almost two years and I came across a large piece of that very print that I had forgotten I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. I always dislike trying to get used to a new machine. My husky died last year and I am using a Singer 99 that I picked up at a quilt show. It sews beautifully but the husky for whatever reason was an extension of me. funny how that happens.

    have fun!lookin good!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!