Monday, November 26, 2012

Some Progress

It has been a very quiet day around here. The kids are all gone off to their lives and DH and I are left here with a dog and a cat who don't require much attention. I will say, though, that as deer gun season began today, the dog is quite a basket case, as he is frightened of the sound of gunshots. And since we live in a very rural area where lots of hunters are out, we do hear a lot of gunshots.

So we let him come inside and hang out with us. He IS supposed to be an outdoor dog, though.

Progress on my handstitching blocks has been replaced with some machine sewing.


I grabbed some leftover Park Avenue fabric to make some side triangles. I now have to figure the math for the corner triangles. I am going to consult this tutorial I saw on Pinterest before I cut those.


This tutorial assumes the block in position 1 is a 12.5" block. My blocks are just a bit bigger than 6" square, so I will have to do some math. I think I can handle it.


I was pretty excited to go digging through the Kaffe Fassett tubs this afternoon in search of a fabric to set together my 9-patch blocks. This is what I came up with.


Does everyone consider all Westminster fabrics as Kaffe Fassett fabrics? I do. I know they have various designers, but I call them all KF fabrics, actually. Just my quirk? Maybe.

I also pulled out fabric to make the remaining 4 9-patch blocks. Then I will be on my way to having a nice little KF quilt top completion!

My thanks for November 26:
I am thankful for a forgiving, loving Lord who knows my needs better than I do.

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!