Monday, October 29, 2012

QWF - A Day of Sewing

Quilting With Friends.

One of the nicest things to do is pack up the sewing machine, grab a project (or two) and take off to a friend's house to spend a day sewing and visiting. Maybe this is the 21st century version of our grandmothers' quilting bees. They, too, knew the power of friendships.

So, I sewed a good portion of this rainy, windy, dreary day and will share now what I've done - at least the part I took pictures of! I will do another post on all that the other girls accomplished.


 
I added corner triangles onto the 9-patch blocks, and trimmed.
 
 
Do I  need to tell you how tedious trimming can be?? Probably not. Most quilters know it's a necessary evil - well, evil might be a rather strong word; it's not so much evil, it's just...well, tedious. Ha!
 
So, I have more SWF tomorrow morning, as we Frankfort girls will be meeting at Sheryll's. Afterwards, I will try to get busy on sharing the projects of the friends who quilted with me today - Cherie, Monica and Terry.
 
Stay warm and dry, and out of Hurricane Sandy's way!!
Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!