Monday, October 22, 2012

Darcy is Quilted

Over the weekend I had an opportunity to stitch the binding down on my Darcy Schnibbles. It now adorns my kitchen table.


I have been hand quilting it when I stitch with the Frankfort girls. When we last were together, I noticed how close to finishing I was, so I just went ahead and did the last little bit of border quilting. Then, knowing I was going to be in the car for a ride to my FIL's, I knew I could stitch the binding.
Voila!! A finish!

 
The fabric used is Portabello Market. I went back to see when it was that I made Darcy, and I found the post in which I describe how it all came about. That was May of 2010. If you like, you can read it here.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

 

2 comments:

  1. I love the blues and reds modulated (can I use that word here?) by the greens and creams. Very sweet little quilt! I like you description at the top. you "thoughtful spot" chair. I have one of those too, but never thought to call it that! cheers, Claire W.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!