Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's Been Awhile!

Geesh! The lazy days of summer sure do take a turn when September rolls around. Every day seems to be filled with stuff to do, and unfortunately for me, that hasn't always included sewing and quilting.

I am behind in reporting 2 sewing days - one with the Frankfort girls and one with Sharon P.

The Frankfort ladies met at the other Sharon's a couple of weeks ago. We 5 have not all been together in some time, as summer travels and family obligations have taken precedence. So it was nice to see everyone all back together again.

No one had any show and tell projects to share, but I do have some WIP (works in progress) pics.


Sharon O., our hostess, continued work on her counted cross stitch Christmas stocking for one of her grandchildren. Such detail!! It will be so pretty when finished and hanging on the mantel!


Sheryll continued working on appliqueing the border and letters onto this project. I am not sure if it will become a wall hanging or pillow. I'm betting on wall hanging. I do admire that workmanship, though!


JoAnn continued to work on quilting her wall hanging. She has traveled so much this summer; but this will be finished soon!


Terry worked on this patriotic project. Again, I am unsure, but I'll bet it's a wall-hanging. Love the choice of fabrics she's using in this!

I continued to work on hand-quilting my Darcy Schnibbles. I've been working on that for quite awhile, but like the others, often these projects are set aside for just this one day every two weeks when we get together. If we have no urgency about the finish, then we have a ready project to grap and go.

A few days after my day with these girls, I went to Sharon P's house for a day of sewing. She had been industrious since our last day together! Take a look!


This pretty fall-ready quilt was a kit! She said it went together fast. Looks great, doesn't it? I was completely surprised to see it, as I assumed if anything were to be finished, it would be Tag Sale. Well, guess what? It's finished, too!


I think the flash altered the colors a bit, here. But I've shown other shots in previous posts about this Robin Pandolph version of Tag Sale. So glad to see two finishes!!

Well, that's what all my quilting buds have been working on. I will be back soon to show you what I have been doing. Yes, even though I've not done a lot, I have accomplished a couple of things....stay tuned!

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!