Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Garden's Bounty

 
Earlier this month I was the lucky recipient of a basket full of garden-grown tomatoes. My friend Vickie and her DH were about to leave for vacation and needed to dispose of a lovely assortment of grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, etc.

Happily, I took them. I ended up only using about half of them, though, as I passed some on to our mutual friend Sharon P. And half a basket was more than enough. I made the biggest bowl of bruschetta I've ever made!


I hope these pictures make your mouth water. This is one of the most refreshing summertime treats we have around our house. I make a meal of it some lunchtimes. It's best when first made, but also gets really rich after marinating in the balsamic vinegar dressing, and that's good, too.


Brown some crusty bread drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt. Rub some garlic on when it's just out of the oven, and top with a heaping spoonful of bruschetta! Molto bene!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!