Thursday, July 5, 2012

Plan C

Remember all the UFOs and planned quilts I shared the week I was in Myrtle Beach? Even after showing everyone all that stuff I have in the queue, I up and start a quilt that wasn't even on my radar until about 4 days ago. Talk about spontaneous!!


This Carrie Nelson book, Schnibbles Times Two, has several quilts in it that have caught my eye. I really hadn't made any firm plans, though, to begin one in the near future. That was until July 1st when I was noodling around on the blogosphere, and I happened upon the latest Schnibbles parade at Sherri's blog. Things began to get interesting. I read that this month's project in the Another Year of Schnibbles quilt-along was a free choice! Whooo-hooo! That's appealing, don't you think? And isn't that just the sort of thing that sends one off on a tangent?? It certainly did me.

Plan C is the quilt that has caught my fancy. The picture shows it made in bright, vibrant colors with a white background. And I really like the look.


But, if you've read this blog for very long, you know that I am on a mission to use from the stash. I dug around and found a layer cake of Park Avenue by 3Sisters/Moda in addition to several fat quarters and .5 yard cuts. Enough to meet the requirements for the stars, but I didn't have a decent background fabric, so back to digging. My selections aren't bright and vibrant, but I still like the fabrics, and I will be interested in seeing how the quilt looks done in a more muted colorway.



I found this Jinny Beyer fabric called Jaipur. Heaven knows how long I've had it, or where I bought it. I've long forgotten. It will serve as my background fabric. So, the cutting has been done, and I've begun a bit of sewing.

The long and the short of this post is that I am working on a quilt called Plan C, and it's sort of a Plan C idea.
     Plan A: work on a UFO.
     Plan B: work on an already planned quilt.
     Plan C: come up with something entirely out of the blue. I totally see the logic in this.

 Instead of working on it yesterday, I opted to spend much of the holiday watching baseball with DH, and hand-quilting my little patriotic star. I also read the Declaration of Independence. Did you know there was a nationwide movement for Americans to read the Declaration on Independence Day? I heard about it on the radio, I think. Anyway, I did it. Pretty cool! I recommend it!

 Happy Quilting, Friends!


4 comments:

  1. Love this book and anything Schnibbles. Anxious to see how your first blocks come out, great fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plan C is going to look lovely in the fabrics you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh at the old Jinny Beyer fabric. A quilt shop in Columbus closed down a few years ago. They'd been in business over 25 years. The owner was friends with Jinny. She hoarded yards and yards of every piece of fabric Jinny ever produced. Used lots but when she sold the business she had people clawing to buy the hoarded stash. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the Plan C pattern...yours is going to be so gorgeous!

    I, too, remember the Jinny Beyer fabrics...I guess I have been quilting quite a while!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!