Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tidying Up Loose Ends

Today we are taking care of some unfinished business. Loose ends like this must be dealt with so we can move on to new ventures!!

Last Monday when Sharon and I met for sewing, I missed my opportunity to take a picture of her newly finished "race" quilt. I was back at her house today for sewing (Memorial Day festivities interrupted our usual Monday get-together), and we brought it back out for its photo-op. 

Without further ado, let me show you Sharon's latest finish!!


We  laid the quilt top out on the grass in the side yard. There was a good breeze going, so forgive the "lumpy" look. The fabric is French General's Rouenneries Deux - a jelly roll plus some yardage for the border. And, she has enough of that border fabric to do the back. Won't it be scrumptious?

Here's a closer look.


The next time you end up with a jelly roll that you don't know what to do with, consider this! I have several jelly rolls (big surprise, right?) and I definitely plan to do at least one of these. No pattern, just lots of sewing of long seams.

Short post here today, folks! Tomorrow is June - already!! Time sure flies, don't cha' know!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!