Friday, May 4, 2012

More Lone Stars!


We are gearing up for May's Lone Star Quilt Along. Tomorrow (Saturday) is the big day, and Sue at Quilt Times will be our hostess this month. If you have been following our little adventure, then I hope you will stop in at her blog tomorrow to see the progress that's been made (at least by some of the participants!). I, myself, have been AWOL from my Bursting Star, but I shall soldier on!! I WILL finish this quilt! *note to self: get busy, then!!*

I teased you yesterday by promising a variety of Lone Star pictures. Let's kick off May's Lone Star Quilt Along with a bit of eye candy, shall we? 




Added after publishing: I received a comment from the maker of these first 2 quilts, Jackie Kunkel of Canton Village Quilt Works. She says the names are Summer Solstice and Glacier Star. You can click to read about each one. Thank you, Jackie! I am so amazed at the ability of blogs to connect quilters like this. It blows me away! If I read correctly, both patterns are by Judy Niemeyer.




I can't be 100% certain, but I think these pictures came from Pinterest. Isn't it great to see all the variations that quilters take with one design? The choice of colors, the intricacy of the designs, the impressive quilting - I am just blown away at the creativity of quilters.

I know I have a few more to share, so perhaps you'll come back tomorrow?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing off my two quilts! The first two are mine, they are called Summer Solstice and Glacier Star. You can read more about them on my blog just by searching with the names I gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww, aren't they beautiful? Thanks Jayne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection, looking forward to seeing some more. Earlier this spring I found I was drawn to the three Lone Star quilts in the show and I was surprised how different they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and super lovely Lone Stars!! Thank you for sharing.

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!