Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Are You Getting Ready??

Welcome to April, dear quilters! We are coming up on the first Saturday, and that can only mean one thing--it's time for a Lone Star Quilt-Along!!


A brief history of the quilt-along...

This is a year-long event open to any quilter interested in making a Lone Star Quilt. The project was born out of a blog conversation between yours truly and Quilt Sue over at Quilt Times. She expressed a mad desire to make a Lone Star, and I chimed in that I had a 20-year-old Lone Star UFO.

VOILA! Such is the stuff of a quilt-along!!

Sue and I are taking turns with the hosting duties - April is my month. I hope you'll all check back here on Saturday to see the progress (or lack thereof!) of those who are participating. And it's not too late to join in the fun. There are no rules - just lots of support, sharing of tips, posting of fabrics and progress. Think of us as a virtual support group for a somewhat challenging undertaking.

I have worked on mine quite a bit this week, and I can't wait to share my progress. I will also admit to a fair amount of "unsewing." grrrrrr.....

Here's a sneak peak of where I left off last month.


Consider yourselves reminded!! ;-)

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!