Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Where Did January Go?

I blinked, apparently. But January is gone already, and here we are looking at 29 days of February! How on Earth does time fly so fast?

In the last post, I mentioned that I'd been to cash in my gift certificates at our new quilt shop. The first time I stopped in there, I was using my old, dying camera and had very inferior pictures to share. I think I can do better this time!




The shop's name is Old Town Fabric Shop in historic downtown Chillicothe, Ohio. The owners/operators are mother-daughter team, Cindy and Kelly Henderson. Look at how spacious and well-lit the store is, with plenty of room to grow! Cindy was working away at the front desk with a huge shipment of new fabrics she was prepping to go out on the shelves. The shop is carrying a huge array of Kaffe Fassett fabrics, batiks, reproductions, and 1930s. Other types/styles are available, too, but these are predominant. Because the shop is so new, parts of its website are still under construction. In April (maybe sooner), they will begin selling and servicing Bernina sewing machines. When I was in the shop last week, Kelly was in Chicago at Bernina school, learning about all the machines and using them, too, from what I see on the shop's facebook page!


Here's a pic I grabbed from their website. Isn't the building gorgeous? The fabric shop is actually in the back section of this old historic house; there's plenty of parking back there, too. Second Street is a one way street, and parking on the street is possible, but it will be limited. In addition to the parking in their rear lot, there are about 8 more parking spots off the alley behind that, so no need to worry about having parking issues with this downtown business!

I am so excited to have more quilting options right here in my own backyard! Quilters around southern and central Ohio can now make Chillicothe a destination for fabric shopping! This is our second quilt shop, and we have a JoAnn's Fabrics. It will be nice to see this new business grow!

[Did I mention that I had Kelly as a student "back in the day"? Early to mid-90s, I think. ;-) ]

In a future post, I will highlight our other quilt shop, Creations. It's been a staple here for over 20 years. Stay tuned!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. It's leap year? I hadn't noticed. Rita's been in business 20 years. Geez. Oh my goodness I love old buildings and them being a vital part of a community. Lucky you to have 2 shops to visit. I can't wait to make a trip down. What a grand and glorious space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post Jayne! Love your choices! I am taking a BOM class and making blocks for General's Wives Quilt. Beautiful fabrics too! I too love that Chillicothe has two historic, great shops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great shop! Thanks for sharing it today! The house is like a dollhouse come true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you are to have such a nice new shop to go to. I like the name of the shop and the home it is housed in is gorgeous. I would go to this shop just to be part of the atmosphere. . .

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!