Monday, October 24, 2011

Yummy Treat

Quilting friends from Frankfort came over last Friday morning for our bi-weekly get together. JoAnn was missing in action - can you believe she preferred Ireland to my humble abode? Well, I guess just this once that's an excusable absence. *grin*

Our stitching was rather ordinary stuff. Sheryll and Terry both worked on embroidery. Sharon worked on her patriotic wall hanging, and I quilted on my brown and pink quilt. And guess what?? I have no pictures of any of that.


What I can share, however are the sticky rolls I served. This delicious concoction is the easiest, most inexpensive recipe I have ever seen, and the results do not disappoint. I found it on Pinterest, a really incredible website I've recently discovered. If you aren't pinning, you are missing out on some great fun!

Okay, back to the sticky rolls. The ingredients are simple: 2 tubes of buttermilk biscuits - I buy the cheaper store brands, and not the name brands.

Also, you need 1/2 cup of corn syrup, 3 tablespoons of melted butter, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and nuts. The recipe calls for pecans and almonds, but I have used walnuts. I believe the amount totals 1/2 cup, but you know I added more. Or none, for that matter.

So, mix the corn syrup and the butter together in a small bowl. In another small bowl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Drizzle about half of the syrup mix into the bottom of a ring pan and then about half of the nut mixture. Next, arrange the 20 biscuits on edge around the ring. Then sprinkle the remaining nut mixture and syrup mixture. Bake in a 375-degree oven for 15 minutes.


Let sit for a couple of minutes before turning out onto a serving platter. Then dive in!!


Here's my helping, along with a cup of coffee in my favorite souvenir mug. Ahh, what an easy delicacy.

Like I said, I found this recipe on Pinterest. There are dozens of recipes there, along with countless other ideas: DIYs, home decorating, gift-giving, gardening, travel, books, you name it, Pinterest has it!

Hope you will look me up on Pinterest! Over there at the top of my sidebar, you'll find a link.  I warn you, though--it's addicting!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. They look yummy. I wish I could get those tubes of biscuit mix here in the UK - they'd be perfect for a gathering of friends I am hosting this week.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!