Sunday, July 3, 2011

Unexpected Gift

My dear friend Kay, one of the Frienzies, left a voice message saying that whenever I planned to be in town, to please stop by her house. I hadn't a clue as to what she needed, or anything, but I did stop on Friday afternoon. I missed her, but her DH was there with instructions to give me this:

Isn't it fabulous? What an amazing surprise! Those of you who are observant will recognize this. These are the leftover Scrabble letters from the project Kay was working on at quilt camp.


Kay was offering the leftover letters to anyone at quilt camp who wanted them. I was tempted, but I kow me, and had I taken them they'd sit in a pile in my sewing room for a year (or 10). Kay is one of those people who don't let any moss grow under her feet! She has more "get up and go" than any 10  people I could find. This is so like her to see a way to use some leftovers, and turn it into something wonderful to boot. Fantastic!!

I have hung my new little wall hanging above a dresser in my sewing room. It fits the space perfectly, and I love it!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute surprise! How did she make those blocks? Hand lettered? Embroidered? Satin stitched on a machine? Or maybe printed with the computer? Her projects made with the scrabble letters are impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great friend. That's just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!