Friday, July 15, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along

I'm sure many of you have seen all the recent interest in the Farmer's Wife Quilt. A couple of bloggers started a quilt-along, and so many bloggers have joined in the fun of making these blocks.

Here's the Flickr Group for the blocks.

As far as I can tell, this is the blog post that introduced the quilt-along.

I haven't made any blocks recently, but over a year ago, I was into them in a big way. I was curious about how far back it was that I was making these blocks. March of 2010. Here's my first post about it.

My interest in this quilt is being renewed because so many of the bloggers are using some really great fabrics - not the traditional fabrics, but many of the more modern fabrics, holiday fabrics, and more. It's so much fun to see the look created by these innovative fabrics!

While I've not made any new blocks in a l-o-n-g time, I thought I would still share some of the blocks I've made. Here are my two favorites:

Block #66 - Periwinkle

Block #2 - Autumn Tints

4 comments:

  1. Pretty colors. I love the placement of your roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you planning on making more?
    Your blocks are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back to your previous post(s). You have so many finished already. Your lavenders and coordinating colors are lovely together. Your fussy cutting for the roses was perfect.
    I'm still holding out on this one, but I'm more and more tempted every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty fabrics you used. Will you make more?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!