Monday, May 2, 2011

Latest Project

The newest project under my sewing machine needle is a (primarily) purple and gold quilt of batik fabrics. Guess what our school colors are? Yeah, purple and gold. So the graduate wants a quilt, and I've got this set of Bali Pops and assorted precuts of batiks in said colors. I also had this pattern, Bento Box, that I've been wanting to try.

This afternoon, I got started on it. I've had to make some adjustments. Go figure. My batiks are 2.5 inches wide, and the pattern calls for 3-inch wide pieces. Everything will be adjusted accordingly, and my final blocks will measure somewhat smaller than the 15.5 inches that the pattern makes.




Some blocks will show more contrast than others, and some blocks will contain colors that are "close" to purple or gold. I am going to allow some color variations; the idea of purple and gold will predominate, but not necessarily be pure. If it works, great; if not, then I will go shopping! lol!

I've got my pairs of fabrics set aside; I've made 4 blocks as samples and to check my measurements with my adjusted pieces. I will take the project with me tomorrow - Tuesdays with Sharon, and we'll be at her house. Hope it's a productive day!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!