Friday, January 7, 2011

A Sputtering Start

Thanks to a rather aggressive head cold, 2011 is getting off to a sputtering start for me! I had hoped to be well into the process of making the log cabin border blocks for my Dressmaker's Quilt. Alas, I've not even dug out the fabrics yet!

Here is my center part of said quilt. I worked on it so diligently in early December. It was an obsession, actually.  It was so much fun to make. Each fabric is one that I bought, some ages ago and some quite recently. I used one fabric from my mother's stash - I remember that we had kitchen curtains out of it! (Or was it an apron? Maybe both!) Also, there is a fabric in there that was a blouse I wore the night of our rehearsal dinner, 31+ years ago!  I am looking forward to getting those borders on. This will hopefully be my first finish of the new year.

Hopefully, the head cold/sinus pressure/sore throat/stuffy nose symptoms will ease up today or tomorrow. All I want to do is sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're sick, get well soon. Love the quilt, amazing how wonderful squares can look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janet! I am feeling better and am getting stoked to work on that Dressmaker's Quilt. Hope I can get going on it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!