Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shopping Anyone?

It has been my intent to use from my stash as much as possible, and resist buying more fabric, or at least seriously cut back new purchases.

And I'm not doing too bad, really. I buy waaaaayyy less fabric now than I did 5 or 10 years ago (and more). I truly have been working at stash reduction with my recent projects.

Now, with that said, let me show you what I bought last week on a shopping trip to Columbus with Terry.

:-)

The main point of shopping on this particular day was to find a 4th fabric to go with the 3 on the right, which were already in my stash. I'd auditioned everything I could find in my drawers and bins and tubs, but nothing seemed to work. This little green print suited me, so now I need a project to go with this grouping.

A sailing quilt made from these fabrics hung on display inside the door of the fabric store. My son is in the navy. Do I need any other reason?

Fat quarters. A quilter can never have enough, right? You'll note a wide variety in my new purchases: Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler, reproduction prints. Indeed, my likes run the gamut. Also, having a nice variety provides good stuff for scrap quilts, which have great appeal to me. So there, I had a good reason to add to my already burgeoning fat quarter stash.

I bought several of these. I used 2 Civil War Homefront packs on my weekend Schnibbles project.

Finally, here are the newest Scnibbles to be added to my to-do list. The one I made over the weekend  is "Sunday Best."  You can see the finished Sunday Best in my post from Sunday.

Fabric shopping outings - always funfilled. Terry and I had a non-stop gabfest; she bought several "essentials" from the quilt shops; we ran some other errands while in Columbus; all-in-all, we had a great day.

1 comment:

  1. It won't be long, and several new groups I have my heart set on will be coming out. One is the new offering by French General "Rural Jardin", which I am dying to get my hands on. I am saving my pennies for a big shopping trip later this month!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!